The story, for all of its splendid detail and rampant black humour, would be nothing without its spot-on characters. Detective Inspector Chen is a man worn almost as thin as the lines he must tread daily in his job and his personal life. He is avoided by his peers, who view his supernatural job with suspicion; he has to maintain contacts with both Heaven and Hell; he must remain discreet about his illegal marriage to a demon; and on top of all that he has to satisfy his increasingly disapproving patron goddess Kuan Yin. Snake Agent is a swift but thoroughly original and satisfying read, and lays a solid framework for future novels in the series.
- Slow Cooker Revolution, Volume 2: The Easy-Prep Edition.
- The Demon and the City: A Detective Inspector Chen Novel.
- The Future of Southern Letters?
- Search Results.
- Murmuring Brook;
- Demon and the City: A Detective Inspector Chen Novel.
Diverse Voices is our catch-all for writers and other staffers who did but a few reviews or other writings for us. It also includes material by writers that first appeared in the Sleeping Hedgehog , our in-house newsletter for staff and readers here. The Green Man Review. Skip to content. Night Shade Books, About Diverse Voices Diverse Voices is our catch-all for writers and other staffers who did but a few reviews or other writings for us.
It's a shame how the casting situation went about, though I think some of the complaints being thrown about are a bit exaggerated, but what else is new? Wasn't aware of a series of comics and books about it, I'm just familiar with the cartoon which was for the most part highly entertaining. Anyways a bit off-topic, but certainly a shame that the movie wasn't made better, the cartoon would've made for a great adaptation if done right.
A trade paperback version will be available on Amazon then at Book Depository in a few weeks. A limited edition hardcover will be made available signed and numbered through Mysterious Galaxy.
- Never Turn Your Back on an Angus Cow: My Life as a Country Vet?
- The demon and the city : a Detective Inspector Chen novel - Anaheim Public Library.
- The 3-Season Diet: Eat the Way Nature Intended: Lose Weight, Beat Food Cravings, and Get Fit.
- ISBN 13: 9781597800471.
- Snake Agent: A Detective Inspector Chen Novel (Detective Inspector Chen Novels)?
- Famine Early Warning Systems and Remote Sensing Data.
- Ottoman Greeks in the Age of Nationalism: Politics, Economy, and Society in the Nineteenth Century!
Her following Det. Chen novel "Morningstar" will be released in Thank you for your interest and we hope to do Liz' work proud. Here is the cover for the upcoming eBook: The Iron Khan.
- Qualitative Analysis of Nonlinear Elliptic Partial Differential Equations (Contemporary Mathematics and Its Applications Book Series).
- Big Book of Bears - 19 Loveable Bears (Crochet).
- Demon and the City: A Detective Inspector Chen Novel?
- The Demon and the City (Detective Inspector Chen, book 2) by Liz Williams.
- All About History: The World’s Worst Disasters?
- Managing the Global Network Corporation;
Isn't this the one with all the fake Chinese culture where everyone basically is an American stand in? Not reading the books as they are UF, I cannot answer this directly and will let Mihir who is from the neighborhood there to answer, but i will note that in her sf - of which i read some 6 novels - Liz Williams has created very distinctive societies, with the matriarchies of her Banner of Souls milieu quite original.
Hi Anon. I'm not a chinese expert but from the 5 books I've read in this series, nowhere did it feel "fake". Its a very exciting world to read about and the characterization is just plain gravy IMHO. Frankly, Liz lost me to buying any of her books.. I have read all the Detective Inspector Chen series up until the latest that has never been released.
The Demon and the City
Readers invest themselves in following your books, the characters. When you just say, oh I am not going to release the final book. Its a big F you to your readers. I dont care if you had a tiff with your publishers. Grow up and get the last book out for your fans.
I can tell you now Liz Williams, you lost a lot of use over this bad behaviour. I'm with the last commenter.
Unfortunately, I did read the entire Chen series, only to be left hanging, mid-mystical-child labor. Given the day and age in which we live, it's wholly unacceptable that she has the damn series finished, and doesn't self-pub the new ones. It's not like she's churning out other books. Designed by GameSiteTemplates. Hornswoggler, Gent. Quiz Based on the Upcomi Online Story from the Clockwork Phoenix 3 Antholog Modesitt Reviewed by View My Stats.
Detective Inspector Chen series | Urban Fantasy Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia
Tuesday, July 6, Post a Comment. Newer Post Older Post Home. Subscribe to: Post Comments Atom.
Follow by Email. Copyright Fantasy Book Critic.